Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuscany

I'm putting on more weight than I care to admit, but I may be doing my future races in the clydesdale division. Today we went out on an all day excursion of the region. We visited a winery, a textile factory, an olive oil farm and a farm that produces sheeps cheese. Pretty standard tour, right? Not exactly. The winery was small - only about 2 hectares and is privately owned by pyschologist (imagine an Italian Frasier). The house was originally built in 12th centuary and has been beautifully restored and maintained. The wine won awards the past two years at a London wine festival against several thousands other wines from around the world. More on the winery later. The textile factory was a hole in the wall of ancient walled city. Our tour guide (really just showing us around on her break) was the great granddaughter of the original weaver. The olive oil was all organic and produced using the original process used before the birth of Christ. The sheep cheese farm was tucked high on a hillside that you'd have a hard time finding with a map. Anyway, the dinner bell is ringing (although I'm not hungry). Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. hi kel and jan

    sounds like you're having a fun and foody trip. wish we were there.

    see you when you get home.

    dad

    ReplyDelete