Hello everyone!
Jan & I thought having a baby on the way was a great reason to resurrect the short-lived blog - and this time actually keep it up. It's an easy way to let everyone know what we're up to, how the pregnancy is going, and what the baby is up to.
As Jan said in his email last week, we've affectionately nicknamed the baby Primo, meaning first in Italian. It's a little more personal than saying "the baby" or "it" all the time. Primo may just turn out to be a Prima - time will tell!
At 14 weeks, Primo is now approximately the size of a lemon. Pretty impressive considering when I realized I was pregnant the baby was about the size of an appleseed! At 14 weeks:
Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.
I'm just starting my second trimester and still feeling pretty good - no morning sickness at all, mostly very tired. They call the second trimester, when you get your energy back and feel like yourself again, the honeymoon period of pregnancy. I'm waiting for things to be that good!
I added a few more images from the ultrasound we had on August 12. It is amazing just how much you can see at this point, when the baby is only about 7 cm long. Needless to say we can't wait for the next ultrasound!
Jan & I are very excited about Primo and so happy to have finally shared this big news with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment