Hi family, friends and fans. Jan here - I wanted to do the next blog post so here you go. This was only the second appointment I've been to through out the pregnancy so it's exciting just to be a part of it. I find the scientific side of these appointments just as exciting as the emotional part. The view of the baby, the measurement tools, etc... all give the parents-to-be such a great idea of the health of the baby is shaping up as well as... you guessed it... the sex of the baby. Before, in ancient times, the sex of the baby was only discovered at the time of birth. Now we have the opportunity to know if it will be a he or a she months before they arrive. Kelly and I decided that we did in fact want to know what we were having so after the appointment we had the doctor write it down for us and put it in a envelop for us to open later (which we did over a nice Italian dinner). While the sex was kept a secret throughout the appointment, we did find out that the health of the baby was perfect (whew!).
All the measurements indicated a healthy baby. The one that stuck out as a little different was the length of the arm, which was a tad on the long side. In my head, I was thinking "Perfect. Extra reach will give a nice kick to a tennis serve. Or it will give extra pulling power in the pool." The other thing that was fun to see was the movement of the baby... Primo was going crazy in there showing off for us. I'm really surprised that Kelly can't feel that activity.
Anyway, here are a few shots from the screening. The first shows the profile: What do you think? Boy profile or girl profile? The second shows the sole of the baby's foot... pretty darn cute huh?
So very cute! I like the way you went to dinner and opened the note! Very romantic!
ReplyDeleteJeanne Mom