
Husband and father to be here - Almost done with the second trimester which, if I remember my grade school math, means there is only one trimester to go. The baby is really moving around with good consistency and today Kelly and I were even able to see (not just feel) the kicks and movements. It's pretty amazing. We also received our first major baby gift, a stroller! (Thanks Mom & Dad!) As you can see from the picture the stroller is fun looking and should be great for the neighborhood and walking around town.
Knowing that I'll have a daughter I have been looking for female role models that I can teach her about - athletes, business women, etc... So, I'd like to ask who you all, our friends and relatives, who are your favorite female role models? Please post in the comments below.
Dr. Sally Ride, first American woman in space, astrophysicist and astronaut, Ph. D. from Stanford, inspires young women to go into the fields of math, engineering, and physics.
ReplyDeleteExcellent Pick Dad - a role model with guts and brains (essential to most living creatures actually).
ReplyDeleteI would have thought you'd pick Isabella Allende. You'll be in charge of introducing Primo to her writing.
-Jan Pieter