Grandma Cecilia here...I came earlier this week to visit and help, and thought I'd share with you from a different perspective. Well, not too different. Like her parents, I think Freja is a wonderful little baby! She and Kelly came to the airport to pick me up Monday afternoon - her first trip to the airport, not that she will ever remember! The biggest surprise about this little package is that she is not like any baby I remember in our family - she has a LONG torso, LONG legs and LONG arms! Longer than it seems in her pictures. She is certain to be quite an athlete!So far, we have been keeping busy. Yesterday Kelly called me "The Grandma Whisperer" as when Freja is fussy, I have been able to calm her by whispering a "shush" noise to her. My body clock is still on FL time, so I get up early (4 or 5 here) and have encouraged Kelly to go back to bed after the morning feeding to get some rest and I am up with Freja. The weather has been nice and in the high 40s, so we have been on a few walks and this afternoon, I got to help give her a bath. We may make a trip to Target tomorrow - a major outing! Overall, I'm just here to help when I can and try not to get in the way, and of course, get my hands on that precious little baby every chance I get!
What a cute picture!! Grandma is never going to want to go home:)
ReplyDeleteHer build sounds very much like her Daddy's and her Grampa Dirk's! By the time we arrive next week, one month old, Grandma Cecilia will have her ready for the next grandparent group! We can hardly wait to hold her!
ReplyDeleteJeanne and Dirk