Wednesday, October 24, 2012

20-20


I've reached the midway point of my pregnancy - 20 weeks down, 20 to go!  Jan & I went to the doctor for an ultrasound yesterday and I'm happy to report the baby is perfectly, boringly normal. Which is exactly what we wanted to hear! The picture above is one of many views we got to see of her, a cute little profile pretty similar to Freja's, although admittedly, it's also pretty early to start making guesses about what she will look like.

I continue to be obsessed with baby names, and I'm certain I am driving Jan crazy with all of my suggestions, especially late at night, in the middle of the night, etc. With Freja we pretty much knew we were going to name her Freja as early as when we found out she was a girl. Which is only adding to the self-imposed pressure I'm feeling to come up with just the right name this time around. Anyone? Any ideas?

What's little Secondi up to at 20 weeks?

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)

She's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

No comments:

Post a Comment