Monday, January 7, 2013

Day at the Park


Freja & I ran a few errands this morning, so while we were out we stopped at Crown Mountain Park to burn off some energy. It was pretty cold, with temps in the teens, but with the Colorado sunshine it seemed quite a bit warmer. Freja really doesn't like walking in snow, even with those big burly boots on, so she'll stop where the cleared-off sidewalk ends and the snow begins, and say "Mommy, I carry you." I gave her a lift once in a while but am trying to get her used to snow. We do live in the mountains after all.

Baby 2.0 is moving so much, big roly-poly movements that stop me in my tracks sometimes, and are usually visible from the outside. I've said before that it's reassuring feeling her movements, but, uhhh. I'm getting to a point where I could do with less powerful punches! She really keeps me up at night, if not from all the kicking and rolling, from using my bladder as a trampoline. Wonder what else she is up to at 31 weeks?

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

See what your baby looks like this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment