
I'm 37 weeks pregnant today - really in the home stretch! The hospital bag is packed, the carseat is in the car and the baby's clothes are washed, folded & neatly put away. I keep saying I'm just about ready to be done being pregnant, but on the other hand I don't want the baby to get here too soon! She will come when she's ready, which at this point could be later tonight or three weeks from now. And whenever she comes will be just the right time.
Jan & I were both surprised with the happy news yesterday that our friends Nika & Will (Jan's hometown friend - who was in our wedding for those of you who were there) had their baby girl yesterday morning. Nika's due date was about a week after mine - that's an early arrival! It sounds like they had a pretty fast delivery, and everyone is healthy and doing great. We are so happy for them and can't wait to meet their new addition!
This news hit close to home for both of us, that our baby really might come any day now. Whoa!
How your baby's growing at 37 weeks:
You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean she's finished growing — in fact, she's still packing on about a half pound a week (at this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds). That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so she’s probably not kicking as much, though she’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for her big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking her thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side. Click here to see what your baby looks like this week.
For the record, our girl is very much on the move, all the time! It might not be kicks but this girl certainly packs a wollop. My belly is so tight and full of baby, now I can't imagine what it will be like when she's no longer in there! I go to the doctor on Thursday morning and will update again if anything is happening. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment