
No, not THAT time, but I got your attention didn't I? While going to the hospital is around the corner (about six weeks!), what happened yesterday was that my nesting instinct finally kicked in to overdrive! On my drive home from work I started thinking about moving some furniture around, and by the time I got home I couldn't wait to get to work. Of course in order to move my desk here I had to put that chest over there, and that bookshelf in the corner, it was a massive domino effect. Fast forward about 90 minutes to when Jan got home from work and discovered my desk in the hallway, random furniture moved around in the guest room and a pile of desk drawers and computer equipment in the dining room. As usual he was a real trooper, he quickly changed out of his work clothes and helped me bring all my grand plans to life which included redistributing furniture on all three floors, moving a pile of electronic gadgets and assembling the glider rocking chair we just received (thank you Marsha & Dad!). Because you know, it all HAD to happen on a Tuesday night! When a pregnant woman makes up her mind, you're either on board or overboard.
For those of you worried about me over-working Jan, I did feed him some yummy homemade sausage & artichoke soup and a couple of glasses of wine to energize him. The poor guy's gotta eat, I realize! Once he put the chair together however you can see who got to sit down & take a breather.
I'm now 34 weeks (and one day) pregnant. Most of the pregnancy books/websites recommend packing a bag for the hospital around this time. Whoa! I don't have my bag packed quite yet but it is a work in progress. Jan has been helping me keep a list of things we may or may not need for during labor & delivery, recovery, things for him and things for the baby. Just another milestone on our way to Baby Koorn!
Speaking of, wonder what she is up to this week?
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
Thanks everyone for checking in and happy 2011!
Poor Jan! You sure do work him. I'm glad you know how to relax afterwards. I like your new glider! perfect for soothing a fussy baby! Not that "Primo" will ever fuss!
ReplyDelete