Friday, May 13, 2011

Twelve Weeks Old: She Rolls Over!

Guest writer - Daddy

This is an interesting time of year for me - I work a lot of hours (including weekends) during the Spring. This means that I don't get to spend a lot of time with Kelly or Freja. However, it does mean that the time I do spend with them is just that more special. Freja can now recognize me when I come home from work. It is usually around a time just after a feeding (and pre-nap time) so she's in a good mood and I typically get a big smile from her. It really doesn't get any better than having your baby girl smile at you after a long day at the office. Of course I also get a great smile (and a hug) from my beautiful wife. I've always enjoyed coming home at the end of the work day but now it is a very special time.

Today when I got home I decided to have a little 'tummy time' with Freja. I put her down on her stomach and she promptly rolled over. I again put her on her tummy and again she rolled over. I called Kelly into the room and she filmed the below clip. The roll-over wasn't as quick as Freja was building the suspense (she's a natural in front the camera, of course). I can't believe how much my little girl can do these days. She's simply the best.

1 comment:

  1. She sure is! What a cute video. Coming together as a family at the end of the workday is such a joy in life. I'm so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete