Sunday, March 6, 2011

Two Weeks & Two Days!




Freja is just over two weeks old now and growing and changing so much every single day. We had a two-week check at the doctor on Friday and she's doing great, just about back up to her birth weight and getting longer/taller too (looks like she's getting height from her dad - thank goodness!). As newborn parents Jan & I are learning and growing every single day as well, which at this point means letting Freja take the lead. She eats when she's hungry, sleeps when she's tired, we just follow suit and do our best to accommodate her whims. She loves to be carried around & held all the time, and Jan and I are more than happy to oblige.

My mom Cecilia Wilhelm arrives tomorrow for a week. I look forward to having some help & company during the days since Jan is back at work full time, and I know my mom is dying to help out by holding and loving the baby full time! I'm hoping we have some warm springy days while she is here this week so we can get outside and go for long walks (it didn't take me long to realize baby + stroller = nap time. LOVE the stroller!). We'll post pictures of Grandma & baby Freja this week, and will try to get some of Jan & I too. Thanks as always for checking in on us and sweet little Freja Maxine!

2 comments:

  1. Truly, our pleasure! We love your updates and phone calls too! Jeanne and Dirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute!! They change so much in such a short time!! That will be exciting to have your mom visit:) Always nice to have the extra help (especially when you want to take a little nap)!!:)

    ReplyDelete